Monday 18 March 2013

A Beautiful Day








A dear friend of mine recently went into hospital for a stem cell transplant and after much thought about what would help him through the ordeal, I was reminded how much music helped me through the dark days of chemo.

For me music lifts my spirits and the right track helps me stay positive. And, as those of you who know me will testify, I can’t resist a dance which is sure to raise a smile (not sure if that’s me smiling or others laughing at me - but who cares if it brings happiness, what’s not to like?).

Anyway that got me thinking that it would be good to write a “feel better playlist” for anyone needing a lift. I have a few suggestions below but I’d love to hear your suggestions and between us we could create a fantastic bit of sunshine.

So my top tracks are;

Here Comes The Sun    Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel  (this song was my way through chemo; I had my chemo in the winter and it reminded me that the dark days would soon turn into sunshine)

Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positives     Bing Crosby

I make my own Sunshine        Alyssa Bonaguru

A Beautiful Morning   The Rascals

Rhythm of Life    Sammy Davis Jr

Don’t Stop    Fleetwood  Mac

Feeling Good    Nina Simone

Three Little Birds    Bob Marley

Don’t Stop Me Now.       Queen

So if you have a great “pick me up track” please share it, and give us a boost. Or tell us about ways you stay positive.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to add, 'The Way Love Goes' by Lemar. Thanks for sharing your songs, especially 'Three Little Birds'. I haven't heard it for ages, but it really cheered me up.

    All the best

    David (dating a survivor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add, "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson for my friend Amy who is an amazing person.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to add 'I'm Alive' by Celine Dion, a real feel good song that I listened to many times to really give me a boost and make me want to dance again!

    ReplyDelete

Please do feel free to place your comments here, thanks, Amy