Monday 11 April 2011

Mastectomy Swimwear Latest News

Latest News

Sorry this blog’s been quiet for a while, it’s not that I’ve forgotten you readers; it’s been a really busy and exciting time here.

We’ve not only moved premises (and home!) but have been renovating our fantastic new show room, called At Forty-One. You’ll now be able to visit us, see and try on all the website styles and find new exclusive designs before they go online. We can offer a professional fitting service or just stop by for tea and a chat, (there may even be cake if I’ve been baking!) Just give us a call before travelling to check our opening times, please book for a fitting.
New Swimwear Lines

It feels like summer is on its way with all the lovely sunshine we’ve been getting. Breakfast alfresco has been a great treat! The warmer whether has put me in a holiday mood and we have some fantastic new swimwear styles just gone on line.


The new 2011 designs from Seafolly really hit the spot for beautiful stylish beach wear, and the fabulous Spanx maillot has us all drooling, classic styling with all the Spanx control technology, perfect.

Have a look, it’s at http://www.aboutthegirl.co.uk/swimwear .

We pre-viewed the new styles at the Brighton Macmillan Fashion show on Friday and everyone loved them. Here’s a picture of the fabulous Sophie Corbett, who hosted the event modelling our Spanx Suit.



Professional Models VS Real Life Models: Have Your Say

Here at About the Girl, we understand that customer feedback is our most important sounding board for market research. We know some people love to see lingerie on a gorgeous professional model:


But we also understand that our most of our customers have been through a mastectomy and would probably like our designs on an equally gorgeous mastectomy model. So we hope you like some of our new images. We wanted to show the swimwear on real women as well.




At the moment, the website has some pictures of pro models, and others of real women – but which do you prefer?

Do you think we should follow classic lingerie companies and only use the press pictures of pro models?

Should we do away with tradition and use only real women?

Or would you prefer a healthy mix of both?

Please get in touch and let us know – we’d love to hear from you.

7 comments:

  1. I would love to see real women and not supermodels. If you use a "healthy mix" as you said, I would love to see models who are not ultra tall and thin. How about models that are average and not thin or extremely overweight?

    Love your passion, your ideas, and the lingerie/swimsuits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mix of pro and real models. It's nice to see how your styles work on varying body types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think varying body types are important but they should always be modelled on women who have had a mastectomy or I personally would lose faith in the products ability to deliver. We are fed media images of impossibly perfect female bodies every day and need reassurance that real women who have been through our own trauma can still look and wear sexy and fashionable underwear/swimwear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definently mastectomy models!
    I've been looking at mastectomy lingerie, worn by models with cleavage. You really don't want to have a one breasted cleavage.
    By the way, I cried a little when I found your webpage, out of joy ofcourse. Finally some decent lingerie and swimwear! Looking forward to a self confident summer in one of your bikinis.
    I'm telling all of my one-breasted friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would like to see items modeled on women like me that had to have a mastectomy! I'm only 33 amd had to have a mastectomy when I was 30 - I'm realy glad I have found this site - just wish I lived closer to the store to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to have found your site! After my mastectomy, and later a failed reconstruction due to a post surgical infection, I found out I will have to spend the next 6 months as a "uniboober", and of course during swimsuit season at my home in Florida. Being 38 years old and thin framed I was highly disappointed to find most companies didn't carry my size swimwear nor anything I found appealing for a young woman! Your site saved me! Finally georgeous swimwear and lingerie for post mastectomy. I personally like seeing things on models, we all have different body types and know it will look a little different on every one of us. Congrats to all you breast cancer survivors like me who march on and wouldn't let a little thing like a missing breast keep you from looking "smashing"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please use models who have had mastectomies - nothing more deflating than looking at models with cleavage which we no longer have. Thank you for asking and taking the time to listen.

    ReplyDelete

Please do feel free to place your comments here, thanks, Amy